Physical, speech and occupational therapy in Trinity, Florida
If you are recovering from a serious injury or disease, it can be challenging to get healthy again—and may even be dangerous to attempt it alone. At Medical Center of Trinity, we offer inpatient and outpatient services to improve your functionality, independence and quality of life at our physical rehab center.
For more information about our physical, speech and occupational therapy services or to get a physician referral, please contact our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (727) 834-5630.
Compassionate, comprehensive rehabilitative treatment
Our rehabilitation specialists uses the latest technology and equipment—providing patients with passionate care. This care includes:
- Personalized rehabilitation—Your treatment team will develop a plan tailored to your unique needs and will provide focused, one-on-one treatment sessions.
- Convenient location—We are located directly in front of Medical Center of Trinity's main campus. Our comprehensive rehabilitation services are only a short drive for patients in Pasco, Hernando, Hillsborough and northern Pinellas counties.
- Local physicians and staff—Our specialists enjoy treating members of their community. At our center, you'll be treated like family.
- Nationally recognized care—We are accredited by The Joint Commission, the country's leading accrediting body of healthcare organizations.
Our rehabilitation team
Our treatment team includes:
- Certified lymphedema therapist
- Certified manual therapists
- Certified speech-language pathologists
- Certified pelvic floor physical therapists
- Licensed occupational and physical therapists
We strive to provide excellent, comprehensive care to patients. To do this, our rehabilitation team works closely with the physicians and specialists in many of our hospital's departments, including:
Rehabilitation treatment options
If you or a loved one requires rehabilitation after an injury or disease, we're here to help. Our highly trained professionals provide the latest therapies to promote recovery and build strength and skills. We offer both inpatient and outpatient services.
Physical therapy can provide relief from a wide range of muscle and joint disorders, whether they were the result of disease, injury or surgery. Our licensed physical therapists provide comprehensive physical therapy, and our certified manual therapists skillfully treat joint disorders. Our treatments for adults and children include:
- Functional electrical stimulation (ESTIM)
- Home exercise programs for strength and balance
- Manual therapy, including stretching and exercise
Occupational therapy helps patients regain their independence in activities of daily living (ADL). Our licensed occupational therapists provide treatments that include:
- ADL, home management and vocational training
- Gross and fine motor skill development
- Functional mobility
- Hand therapy
- Splints for arms and hands
Lymphedema is swelling that happens when the lymph system becomes blocked or damaged and fluid (lymph) builds up in the arms and legs. The condition causes loss of movement and function and reduces the ability to grip.
Our certified lymphedema and wound care therapists focus on controlling swelling by moving lymph through the body. Therapies offered include:
- Compression devices
- Pressure garments
Pelvic floor therapy
Our physical therapists have specialized training in pelvic floor therapy. Patients who have pelvic floor dysfunction receive therapy in our private rooms. Treatment options include:
- Bladder and bowel retraining
- Pelvic floor muscle strengthening
- Manual therapy and soft tissue mobilization
- Pelvic floor relaxation/down training
- Electromyogram (EMG) biofeedback
Our speech-language pathologists care for patients with swallowing or speech disorders. Our speech therapies include:
- Articulation therapy
- Augmentative and alternative communication systems, including body language and electronic aids
- Voice therapy for Parkinson's disease
- Oral-motor exercises to improve feeding and swallowing
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation system therapy
Neuromuscular electrical stimulation system therapy
We are proud to offer a breakthrough method used in the management and treatment of swallowing disorders. Our neuromuscular electrical stimulation system retrains throat muscles to swallow. This therapy reeducates the functional muscle-use patterns necessary to initiate or reestablish swallowing. In as little as three sessions, patients with swallowing disorders, such as dysphagia, have seen improvements. Some patients experienced dramatic improvements after 20 sessions. This advanced therapy, combined with dilation, has also produced excellent results for patients with dysphagia.
Rehabilitation support groups
Our rehabilitation support groups help patients gain insight by sharing their experiences with others:
- Chatterboxes is a group for patients with communication deficits as a result of a cerebral vascular accident (stroke) or neurological disorders. We encourage caregivers and spouses to attend. This group is led by our speech-language pathologists, and it meets every other Thursday, from 3:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Lymphedema Support Group is led by a licensed physical therapist and meets on the third Thursday of each month, from 3:00pm to 4:00pm.
Getting to your physical therapy appointment
We are located in the Medical Arts Building, which is east of Medical Center of Trinity's main entrance. For more information, contact us at (727) 834-4445.
Our address is:
9332 State Road 54, Suite 101
Trinity, FL 34655