Orthopedists in Trinity, Florida
If you have an injury or condition affecting your spine, bones or joints, the spine and orthopedics team at Medical Center of Trinity can improve your mobility and relieve your pain. We provide individualized treatment plans and offer orthopedic surgery, physical therapy and medication.
For more information on our orthopedic services, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (727) 834-5630.
We offer exceptional orthopedic care to patients in Pasco, Hillsborough and northern Pinellas counties. Here are some of the reasons why patients trust us with their orthopedic care:
- Advanced techniques for surgery—Our experienced spine and orthopedics team uses the latest techniques, including several types of minimally invasive surgery, for knee and hip replacement and spine conditions.
- Comprehensive services in one location—Our Pasco County campus houses all of our spine and orthopedic services, including diagnostic imaging and radiology, surgical care and physical rehabilitation.
- Private rooms—Inpatients stay in private rooms with a restroom and shower, high-definition television, room service and plenty of space for family and friends to visit.
- Compassionate physicians and staff—Our orthopedic specialists treat patients with consideration and individualized care.
Accredited orthopedic care
The Joint Commission has recognized our hospital and accredited us in knee, joint and hip replacement.
Additionally, we received the Orthopedic Excellence award and are a Five-Star Recipient for hip fracture treatment and spinal fusion surgery from Healthgrades.
The American College of Radiology accredited many of our diagnostic imaging services, including:
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine
If you have a health condition that affects your bones, joints, muscles or tendons, receiving high-quality, attentive care before the problem worsens is essential. Our experienced orthopedic specialists are here to help.
To watch the Joint Replacement Surgery Pre-Op webinar, fill out the form below and click on the submit button.
The form was successfully sent.
There was an error with the form submission.
Our skilled physicians, nurses and other medical staff treat a variety of orthopedic conditions with the latest treatment options, including limb preservation, sports medicine and the following surgical options:
- Hip replacement surgery
- Hip resurfacing
- Knee replacement surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Hand surgery
- Computer assisted joint replacement
Hip replacement surgery
Our hip replacement surgery options include:
- Minimally invasive surgery using the anterior approach for hip replacement surgery, which allows many patients to walk the same day of surgery
- Traditional, open hip replacement surgery depending on the patient's overall health
This procedure, an alternative to total hip replacement, replaces only a few millimeters of the joint surface. It preserves more of the bone, and it's often effective for younger male patients.
Knee replacement surgery
Knee replacement surgery options include:
- Partial knee replacement to repair the inside or outside part of the knee or kneecap
- Total knee replacement
- Gender-specific implants
Foot and ankle surgery
We offer advanced foot and ankle procedures, including:
- Cartilage restoration and joint preservation
- Total ankle replacement
- Wound decompression and Charcot limb salvage
- Deformity correction and reconstruction
Shoulder surgery procedures
We offer several types of surgery to repair or replace the shoulder joint, including:
- Arthroscopy to repair tendons or ligaments or remove bone or cartilage using minimally invasive surgery
- Rotator cuff repair to reattach a torn tendon using arthroscopic surgery
- Total shoulder replacement
Hand surgery procedures
Our skilled hand specialists help restore functionality, sensation and movement with:
- Carpal tunnel release
- Nerve repair and reconstruction
Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR)
Medical Center of Trinity participates in Medicare’s Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) program, which promotes high-quality, cost-efficient and better coordinated care for patients undergoing hip and knee replacement surgeries. Medical Center of Trinity is working closely with its physicians and post-acute care providers to improve quality and coordinate care from initial hospitalization through recovery.
The CJR program permits facilities to enter into financial gain-sharing relationships with its collaborators to share in the success of the program.
Our orthopedic specialists
Our orthopedic experts continuously hone their skills in new techniques for treating a wide range of conditions. Our team includes:
- Board-certified orthopedic surgeons
- Case managers for post-treatment care planning
- Certified orthopedic nurses
- Licensed physical therapists dedicated to orthopedics
Preoperative education for orthopedic surgery
We help patients prepare for joint replacement, orthopedic and spine surgery with our PreOp Surgery Class. A physical therapist presents this class. Some of the topics covered include:
- What to expect before, during and after orthopedic surgery
- What to do for the best possible outcome after surgery, including having a "coach" and being committed to physical therapy