Neonatal intensive care in Trinity, Florida
At Medical Center of Trinity, we know that babies who are born prematurely or with serious medical conditions need advanced care. That's why the neonatal specialists at our Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) offer expert diagnoses, treatment and family-centered care to our youngest patients in need.
For more information about our NICU, call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (727) 834-5630.
Family-centered care at our Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Our Level II NICU is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and staffed by expert neonatologists and a team of medical professionals. We do our best to support family-centered care, which has been associated with numerous benefits, including:
- Better mental health outcomes
- Decreased length of hospital stay
- Enhanced parent-infant attachment and bonding
- Greater patient and family satisfaction
- Improved well-being of preterm infants
Our NICU amenities
As part of the services we offer our tiniest patients and their families the following specialized amenities:
- 12 Level II NICU beds
- An overnight "nesting room" for families transitioning to taking their baby home (This allows parents to practice caring for their babies in a soothing, home-like environment before they leave the hospital)
- Family-friendly environment
- Free Wi-Fi
- Guided breastfeeding
- Maternity photography (for a fee)
- Recliners to promote bonding and skin-to-skin ("kangaroo") care
- Social worker dedicated to NICU babies and their families
- Secure NICU live video streaming
Secure NICU live video streaming
With our secure video streaming system, parents of NICU infants can watch their baby in real-time, even when they are away.
An unobtrusive camera, connected to the internet, is mounted closely to the newborn's bed, delivering streamed video images around-the-clock.
We know your baby's privacy and security are very important. That's why our live streaming is only accessible to specified users with passwords issued by our NICU.
Advantages of our NICU live video streaming service include:
- Simple, secure, sign-in access (no software downloads)
- Designed for use by family and relatives of all ages and in all locations
- 24/7 customer and technical support team available