Cardiac rehabilitation in Trinity, Florida
Cardiac rehabilitation (rehab) is a therapy program that consists of monitored exercise and education. At Medical Center of Trinity, we offer personalized treatment plans, including evaluation and instruction on nutrition, physical activity and other health-related areas.
For more information about our cardiac rehabilitation services, please call Medical Center of Trinity at (727) 834-4442.
What is cardiac rehab?
Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically supervised program designed to help heart patients recover and regain quality of life. Cardiologists may recommend cardiac rehabilitation to patients who have had a cardiac event or procedure, such as:
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Coronary bypass surgery
- Heart transplant
Our cardiac rehab program
Our cardiac rehabilitation experts will work with you to build a program specific to your goals and needs. We'll create an exercise prescription and provide guidance on how to break unhealthy habits.
Our cardiac rehabilitation program includes:
- Monitored exercise
Benefits of cardiac rehab
Patients who participate in a cardiac rehabilitation program will gain increased knowledge of heart disease treatment and medicines. They may also enjoy the following benefits:
- Reduced likelihood of additional heart problems
- Increased physical functioning and strength
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Lower blood pressure and cholesterol
- Increased energy and ability to participate in daily activities
Our cardiac rehab team
Our program is overseen by a physician director and is staffed by both registered nurses and exercise physiologists. Our team works closely with our patients, staff, medical director and referring physicians to create a customized plan of care for every participant.
Cardiac therapy phases
Our cardiac program consists of two phases:
- Phase I—Occurs while you are in the hospital. At this time, you and your family are provided with educational information about recovery and Phase II.
- Phase II—Is our physician-referred outpatient program consisting of physical therapy, exercise and education. This phase is monitored by electrocardiogram (EKG) and/or pulse oximetry. The program meets three times each week for approximately 12 weeks or 36 sessions.
How to start your cardiac rehab program
Talk with your doctor to see if cardiac rehabilitation is right for you. Once you have determined it is, your doctor will send us a referral.
Next, a nurse or exercise physiologist will contact you to discuss the program in detail. We will answer any questions and set you up to come in for your first visit.
Does insurance cover cardiac rehab?
Medicare and most other insurances will cover cardiac rehabilitation. This information will be determined by your insurance provider before your initial contact with a staff member.
Our cardiac rehabilitation program is convenient for patients in Pasco, Hillsborough and north Pinellas counties. We're located on the campus of Medical Center of Trinity in the Medical Arts Building in front of the hospital.
Our address is:
9332 State Road 54, Suite 302
Trinity, FL 34655