Breast cancer screenings in Trinity, Florida
Having a mammogram or other breast imaging exam can be an anxiety-inducing experience for many women. Our experienced imaging technologists combine clinical expertise, personalized health education and a caring touch to help relieve your stress, while providing you with advanced breast health care.
To schedule a test or procedure, including a 30-minute mammogram, please call (800) 617-7229.
Advanced breast care services
We offer comprehensive breast imaging and radiology services that are tailored to women's health needs. Our outpatient women's imaging center offers:
- Comfortable environment—To put our patients at ease, we offer a tranquil, spa-like atmosphere with comfortable gowns and warm dressing rooms.
- Easy, flexible scheduling—For our patients' convenience, we offer online scheduling, next day appointments and 30-minute screenings. For next day appointments, please call (800) 617-7229 to schedule.
- Nationally recognized program—We have received accreditation from the American College of Radiology for many of our diagnostic imaging modalities, including mammography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and ultrasound. Additionally, our oncology program has been deemed a Community Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons.
- Convenient location—Our women's inpatient and outpatient services are a short drive away for people who live in Pasco, Hillsborough and northern Pinellas Counties.
Our diagnostic breast imaging and radiology procedures
We use one or a combination of exams to obtain images with pinpoint accuracy. The more precise the diagnosis, the more effective your treatment plan will be. Some modalities used at our breast imaging center are:
Mammography is the process of using low-energy X-rays to examine the human breast. Mammograms are used to find breast cancer in its early stages. Our high-quality mammograms have also been recognized by The Food & Drug Administration's Mammography Quality Standards Act and Program.
Digital 2D mammograms
Digital mammograms use special X-ray equipment to generate images that radiologists can manipulate on a computer. The enhanced images allow doctors to more easily target areas of concern that may require more testing.
Digital 3D mammograms
3D mammography delivers a series of high-resolution images of different layers of the breast. This technology provides screening accuracy and allows our doctors to examine your breast tissue layer by layer. Instead of viewing breast tissue in a flat image, as with conventional 2D mammography, fine details are more visible and no longer hidden by tissue.
Guided breast biopsy: stereotactic, MRI and ultrasound
Our breast specialists use several technologies to guide minimally invasive biopsies of breast tissue to detect cancer. These guided biopsies enable physicians to precisely locate and target the cells for biopsy. Each technique uses a different technology to produce images:
- Stereotactic—uses special X-ray equipment
- MRI—uses a magnetic field and radio waves
- Ultrasound—uses high-frequency sound waves
We offer a breast lymphoscintigraphy procedure to test the lymph nodes near your breast to see whether cancer has spread. This procedure involves the following steps:
- Your physician injects the breast with radioactive tracer material.
- The material spreads to nearby lymph nodes.
- Your physician uses a gamma scanner to take images of the breast, chest and armpit areas to determine if any lymph nodes have become cancerous.
Women's services patient liaison
Our women's services patient liaison will guide you through your diagnostic screening or biopsy procedure. Our liaison's services include:
- Helping you make appointments
- Calling your referring physician
- Answering your questions about procedures and test results
- Following up with you if further steps are necessary
Breast screening parties
We offer "Screened and Fabulous" parties so you and the other women in your life can receive mammograms together.
To arrange your group's Screened and Fabulous Party, contact us at (727) 834-4222.