Why choose Medical Center of Trinity for your weight loss surgery?
Private rooms, comprehensive programs and technology, quality accreditations and certifications: why have your weight loss surgery anywhere else?
- Unit of Distinction – Medical Surgical
- 2019 Gold Winner, Best of the Suncoast
- Leapfrog Grade A - Spring 2019
We offer several types of weight loss surgery techniques to provide patients with an option most appropriate for them. Please discuss the option that is best for you with your surgeon.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery – Robotic Assisted and Laparoscopic
- Gastric Bypass (Roux-en-Y)
- Gastric Sleeve (Sleeve Gastrectomy)
- Duodenal Switch with Biliary Pancreatic Diversion
- Revisional Surgery
Opioid free anesthesia
Opioid Free Anesthesia is the use of non-opioid medications to target pain centers during a patient’s surgical procedure. The anesthesiologist uses medications which target the pain center versus pain perception. The benefits to the patient may include:
- Quicker recovery
- Reduced nausea/constipation associated with opioids
- Early ambulation
- Shorter pain recovery time
- Resume eating, fluids, etc. faster
- Reduction in length of stay in the hospital
- Return to normal activities quicker
Every patient is different and the needs of each patient are complex. Everyone senses and experiences pain differently. The anesthesiologist, surgeon and surgical services team work very collaboratively to ensure the needs of the patient are met during their procedure.
To learn more, please call (727) 834-5630.
Weight loss surgery support group
Meets the second Tuesday of every month, 6:00 pm-7:00 pm at Medical Center of Trinity. The group is open to any and all patients who are interested in weight management (surgery or otherwise) including those who are supporting loved ones, friends etc. Each meeting will highlight a different topic and may cover healthy eating skills, relationship changes, goal setting, meditation, vitamin therapy, importance of activity etc.