Learning that you have a heart or vascular condition can be a distressing time for you and your family. We understand your concerns, and we're here to help. We combine our medical expertise with a compassionate approach to provide care you can trust.
Diagnostic Imaging for Heart and Vascular Conditions
At Medical Center of Trinity, successful treatment begins with an accurate diagnosis. In addition to complete physical exams, we offer full-service imaging technologies to guide diagnosis.
For diagnosing heart and vascular conditions, our physicians use technologies including:
- Cardiac catheterization
- Echocardiogram (ECHO)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Nuclear medicine
The American College of Radiology has accredited many of our imaging services. Learn more about our diagnostic imaging and radiology services and accreditations.
Treatment for Heart and Vascular Conditions
Our heart and vascular physicians and staff provide advanced, specialized care to help manage your symptoms and promote your recovery. We specialize in minimally invasive procedures that may result in a lower risk of complications, less scarring and reduced pain, helping you recover more quickly.
Cardiac Catheterization Lab
In our cardiac catheterization lab, heart specialists open narrowed or blocked arteries to restore normal blood flow. During these procedures, the physician will insert a catheter (thin, flexible tube) through a blood vessel using live X-rays (fluoroscopy) as a guide.
Our cardiac catheterization procedures include:
- Angioplasty: Opens blood vessels using a tiny balloon to compress plaque against vessel walls
- Balloon valvuloplasty: Opens malfunctioning heart valves using a tiny balloon
- Coronary atherectomy: Removes plaque from vessel walls with a sharp blade
- Coronary stent: Holds blood vessels open using a tiny, permanently implanted tube
- Intravascular ultrasound: Produces images of vessel walls using high-frequency sound waves
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI): Refers to angioplasty, either with or without a stent
Our heart and vascular specialists are experts in their field and have earned recognition from national health organizations.
Heart Valve Clinic
The Heart Valve Clinic at Medical Center of Trinity evaluates and treats patients who have diseases of the heart valves. Our heart specialists offer several treatment options to repair or replace heart valves.
Minimally Invasive Heart and Vascular Surgery
Our cardiovascular surgeons offer minimally invasive procedures for many heart and vascular conditions, without the need for large incisions or opening the breastbone and ribs. Potential benefits include:
- Less pain and trauma to the chest
- Lower risk of infection
- Shorter hospital stay and recovery time
- Smaller incisions
Open Heart Surgery
If we decide that open heart surgery will offer you the best results, our multidisciplinary heart and vascular care team will perform the surgery in our new facility, which features:
- Advanced operating rooms equipped the most sophisticated technology
- Private cardiovascular intensive care patient rooms
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation program is specifically designed to improve the health of those who have a specific cardiac condition that may alter their daily life. Diagnoses include heart attack, bypass surgery, angina, stent, transplant and others. Learn more about Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Contact Us for Heart and Vascular Care
For more information about our hospital, to get a physician referral or to speak with a registered nurse about your health questions, call Consult-A-Nurse at (727) 834-5630.