If you or a loved one are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Emergency Rooms in Tampa, Trinity, Lutz, and Palm Harbor
When the unexpected happens, you want the best possible care that's close to home. In our emergency rooms at Medical Center of Trinity, ER 24/7 in Citrus Park, ER 24/7 in Lutz, and ER 24/7 in Palm Harbor we provide advanced emergency services with rapid response and treatment for every situation, including heart attacks, urinary tract infections and digestive issues.
The ER at Medical Center of Trinity
Our team of experienced emergency physicians and certified nurses understand that a visit to the ER can be stressful. We're ready to handle any situation - from serious illnesses and injuries to non-life-threatening medical concerns - with compassion and skill.
In our facilities, we bring nationally accredited emergency care right to your neighborhood in Pasco, Hillsborough and northern Pinellas Counties.
What we offer:
- Convenient, advanced facilities
- Kid friendly treatment area
- Diagnostic ultrasound at your bedside
- ER wait times below the national average
In our designated care areas, our multidisciplinary specialists work in teams to care for adults and children at all levels of need. Patients receive immediate attention to assess their condition for rapid treatment.
Some highlights of our ER services include:
- On-site diagnostic services, including CT, ultrasound, X-ray and laboratory services
- Treatment for bone fractures, concussions and other injuries
- Treatment for digestive disorders (diarrhea, vomiting)
- Convenient access 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Heart and vascular conditions such as chest pain, heart attack and stroke
- Urinary tract and other types of infections
Our Emergency Room Physicians
Our highly trained emergency physicians, nurses and other health care professionals are experts in their field. They also live right in your community - like family members taking care of family.
Our team includes:
- Board-certified emergency room physicians
- Certified emergency department nurses
- Emergency physician assistants and nurse practitioners
ER 24/7 in Citrus Park
We've expanded our emergency room services to reach more of our community. The Citrus Park Emergency Room brings advanced, convenient emergency care to children and adults in north Tampa.
ER 24/7 in Citrus Park offers the latest emergency care for situations ranging from serious illness or injury to non-life-threatening medical concerns. As a stand-alone ER, our Citrus Park facility provides the same services and level of care as our in-hospital ER in Trinity, FL.
ER 24/7 in Lutz
We have expanded our emergency room services to reach more of our community. Conveniently located on Dale Mabry Highway next to Walmart, ER 24/7 in Lutz is staffed 24/7 by physicians board certified in emergency medicine and nurses with emergency care experience and certifications. As a stand-alone ER, our Lutz facility provides the same services and level of care as our in-hospital ER at Medical Center of Trinity in Trinity, FL, and offers a separate entrance for children in need of emergency care.
ER 24/7 in Palm Harbor
The ER in Palm Harbor offers the latest emergency care for situations ranging from serious conditions to non-life-threatening medical concerns. As a stand-alone ER, our ER 24/7 in Palm Harbor facility provides the same services and level of care as our in-hospital ER at Medical Center of Trinity in Trinity, Fl. The facility also offers a separate entrance for children in need of emergency care.
What Is a Free Standing Emergency Room?
Essentially, a free standing emergency room is more like a hospital and an urgent care center is more like a physician's office.
When Should You Go to a Free Standing ER?
(courtesy of the American College of Emergency Physicians)
- Change in mental status (i.e. confusion)
- Chest pain lasting two minutes or more
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- Fracture/bone injury needing pain management
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Sudden dizziness, weakness or change in vision
- Sudden or severe pain uncontrolled bleeding
Emergency Care for Chest Pain, Heart Attack, and Stroke
- Accredited as a top performer in heart attack care by The Joint Commission
- Top performer in key quality measures: Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, Surgical Care and Stroke (The Joint Commission)
- Five star recipient for treatment of stroke 3 years in a row (2015-2017)