To schedule a test or procedure, including a 30 minute mammogram, please call (800) 617-7229, or register online.
For next day appointments, please call to schedule.
Having a mammogram or other breast imaging exam can be an anxiety-producing experience for many women. Our experienced imaging technologists combine clinical expertise, personalized health education and a caring touch to help relieve your stress.
With physicians and staff from our local community, it's like family members caring for family. We're dedicated to providing expert care centered on women and their families.
Women's Breast Care Services at Medical Center of Trinity
At Medical Center of Trinity, we offer comprehensive breast imaging and radiology services that are tailored to women's health needs. Our outpatient women's imaging center offers:
- Comfortable, caring environment: We offer a tranquil, spa-like atmosphere with comfortable gowns and warm dressing rooms.
- Nationally recognized program: We have received accreditation from the American College of Radiology for many of our diagnostic imaging and radiology exams.
- Convenient location: Our women's inpatient and outpatient services are a short drive away for people who live in Pasco, Hillsborough and northern Pinellas Counties.
- Easy, flexible scheduling.
Medical Center of Trinity: Women's Services Patient Liaison
Our Women's Services Patient Liaison is your guide through your diagnostic screening or biopsy procedure. Our liaison's services include:
- Helping you make appointments
- Calling your referring physician
- Answering your questions about procedures and test results
- Following up with you if further steps are necessary
Our Diagnostic Breast Imaging and Radiology Procedures
Our radiology experts use one or a combination of exams to obtain images with pinpoint accuracy. The more precise the diagnosis, the more effective your treatment plan will be.
Learn more about all of our diagnostic imaging and radiology services.
Digital 2D Mammography
Mammograms are the gold standard for finding breast cancer in its early stages. Digital mammograms using special X-ray equipment provide images that radiologists can manipulate on a computer. The enhanced images allow doctors to more easily target areas of concern that may require more testing.
Digital 3D Mammography
3D mammography delivers a series of high-resolution images of different layers of the breast. This technology provides screening accuracy and allows doctors to examine your breast tissue layer by layer. Instead of viewing the complexities of your breast tissue in a flat image, as with conventional 2D mammography, fine details are more visible and no longer hidden by tissue.
Guided Breast Biopsy: Stereotactic, MRI and Ultrasound
Physicians can use several technologies to guide minimally invasive biopsies of breast tissue to check for cancer. These guided biopsies enable the physician to precisely locate and target the cells for biopsy. Each technique uses a different technology to produce images:
- Stereotactic uses special X-ray equipment.
- MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves.
- Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves.
This procedure tests the lymph nodes near the breast to see whether cancer has spread following these steps:
- Your physician injects the breast with radioactive tracer material.
- The material spreads to nearby lymph nodes.
- Your physician uses a gamma scanner to take images of the breast, chest and armpit areas to determine if any lymph nodes have become cancerous.
Learn more about our cancer care.
Medical Center of Trinity: Screened and Fabulous
Would you like a pre-arranged time exclusively dedicated to you and other women from your organization, friends and family members to get a screening mammogram? To arrange for your group's Screened and Fabulous Party, contact Ivy at (727) 834-4222 or via email: MedicalCenterTrinity@hcahealthcare.com.