March 30, 2016
Medical Center of Trinity announces that it has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval(R) for Total Hips and Total Knees Certification. The Gold Seal of Approval(R) is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization's commitment to providing safe and effective patient care.
Medical Center of Trinity underwent a rigorous on-site review in January of this year. Joint Commission experts evaluated compliance with national disease-specific care standards as well as with total knee and total hips specific requirements. Clinical practice guidelines and performance measures also were assessed.
Established in 2002 and awarded for a two-year period, The Joint Commission's Disease-Specific Care Certification evaluates clinical programs across the continuum of care and addresses three core areas:
- Compliance with consensus-based national standards;
- Effective use of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines to manage and optimize care; and
- An organized approach to performance measurement and improvement activities.
"It is a great opportunity to work with a hospital so dedicated to patient care excellence and following evidenced based medicine practices," said Orthopaedic Surgeon, Stephen Hanff." Having this program allows us to deliver a superior standard of care to our patients addressing the comprehensive joint replacement needs in our community."
"Medical Center of Trinity is pleased to receive Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission, the premier health care quality improvement and accrediting body in the nation," added Leigh Massengill, CEO of Medical Center of Trinity. "The certification provides us with the framework to create a culture of excellence for those in our community."
Benefits of Joint Commission Certification:
- Improves the quality of patient care by reducing variation in clinical processes
- Provides a framework for program structure and management
- Provides an objective assessment of clinical excellence
- Creates a loyal, cohesive clinical team
- Promotes a culture of excellence across the organization
- Strengthens community confidence in the quality and safety of care, treatment, and services
- Recognized by many professional third parties