November 07, 2019
Medical Center of Trinity and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point are the only hospitals in West Pasco to receive an ‘A’ Grade
Pasco, Pinellas & Hillsborough, Florida – Medical Center of Trinity and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point were awarded an ‘A’ in the fall 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, a national distinction recognizing the hospitals’ achievements protecting patients from harm and providing safer health care. They are the only two hospitals in west Pasco to receive an A grade.
The Leapfrog Group is an independent national watchdog organization driven by employers and other purchasers of health care committed to improving health care quality and safety for consumers and purchasers. The Safety Grade assigns an ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’ or ‘F’ grade to all general hospitals across the country based on their performance in preventing medical errors, injuries, accidents, infections and other harms to patients in their care.
“As the new CEO of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, it is particularly gratifying to know that this facility puts so much emphasis on the safety of its patients and is so well regarded for doing so. I am particularly proud of this team’s consistent performance,” said Gina Temple, Bayonet Point CEO.
“What is really gratifying is knowing that both HCA hospitals are the only hospitals in west Pasco to receive an ‘A’ Safety Grade,” said Leigh Massengill, CEO of Medical Center of Trinity. “Such performance in patient safety is reflective of the strong collaboration between our medical staffs and the hospital clinical teams and our mutual focus on excellence in clinical care,” she added.
“‘A’ hospitals show us their leadership is protecting patients from preventable medical harm and error,” said Leah Binder, president and CEO of The Leapfrog Group. “It takes genuine commitment at every level – from clinicians to administrators to the board of directors – and we congratulate the teams who have worked so hard to earn this A.”
Developed under the guidance of a national Expert Panel, the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade uses 28 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to assign grades to more than 2,600 U.S. acute-care hospitals twice per year. The Hospital Safety Grade’s methodology is peer-reviewed and fully transparent, and the results are free to the public.
Medical Center of Trinity and Bayonet Point were awarded an ‘A’ grade, when Leapfrog announced grades for the fall 2019 update. To see Medical Center of Trinity and Bayonet Point’s full grade details and learn how employers can help and access patient tips for staying safe in the hospital, visit hospitalsafetygrade.org and follow The Leapfrog Group on Twitter and Facebook.
About The Leapfrog Group
Founded in 2000 by large employers and other purchasers, The Leapfrog Group is a national nonprofit organization driving a movement for giant leaps forward in the quality and safety of American health care. The flagship Leapfrog Hospital Survey collects and transparently reports hospital performance, empowering purchasers to find the highest-value care and giving consumers the lifesaving information they need to make informed decisions. The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, Leapfrog’s other main initiative, assigns letter grades to hospitals based on their record of patient safety, helping consumers protect themselves and their families from errors, injuries, accidents and infections.
About Medical Center of Trinity
Medical Center of Trinity is a 340 bed, state-of-the-art, all-private room hospital (Main Campus) strategically located in the tri-county area of Pasco, Pinellas, and Hillsborough Counties. The facility is located at 9330 State Road 54, Trinity, FL 34655, near the intersection of State Road (SR) 54 and Little Road. Medical Center of Trinity clinical and acute-care programs include:
- Behavioral Health including Senior Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Care – Adult and Pediatric
- Medical Center of Trinity
- Citrus Park ER
- ER 24/7℠ in Palm Harbor
- ER 24/7℠ in Lutz
- Heart & Vascular
- Men’s Health
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Specialties
- Obstetrics including NICU and Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Open Heart Surgery
- Rehabilitation Services
- Robotic Assisted Surgery
- Sleep Center
- Spine & Orthopedics
- Thoracic Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Women’s Health
- Women’s Imaging Center with Comprehensive Breast Care
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine
Medical Center of Trinity has been designated as an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center and earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Total Hips and Total Knees Certification.
Medical Center of Trinity is recognized among the nation’s Top Performers on five key quality measures - heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care and stroke by The Joint Commission— the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. The Cancer Care program is an Accredited Community Cancer Program by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Healthgrades
- Named among the Top 100 Hospitals Recognized for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back & Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion (Ranked #35)
- Leapfrog Patient Safety Award
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- American College of Radiology accredited – MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
- Accredited Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education