Expressions of Thanks Youth Art Contest in Honor of Veterans
Entries for Medical Center of Trinity’s 7th annual ‘Expressions of Thanks’ Youth Art Contest were accepted August 13, 2018 – September 14, 2018. We received over 500 entries from students in Kindergarten through 12th grade.
The entries, which included art, as well as compositions and poems, were touching and personal, honoring veterans of all branches of service. Veterans and others working with veteran’s affairs served as judges for our contest. They were very impressed by the diversity and creativity of the entries and remarked how every entry was individual and special.
Every child who entered will receive a participant certificate at our Art Reception, as will those receiving individual awards.
The recipients of a $25 gift card are:
- Kindergarten – Niyaa V., Grace Christian School
- 1st Grade – Juliette T., Longleaf Elementary
- 2nd Grade – Lillith R., Bishop Larkin Catholic School
- 3rd Grade – Vaishnavi G., The Genesis School
- 4th Grade – Alexa B., Longleaf Elementary
- 5th Grade – Alexandra F., The Genesis School
- 6th Grade – Maika L., Genesis Preparatory School
- 7th Grade – Shayne H., Genesis Preparatory School
- 8th Grade – Stella T., Seven Springs Middle School
- 9th Grade – Harlea H., Fivay High School
- 10th Grade – Zoe D., Hudson High School
- 11th Grade – Sofe B., Fivay High School
- 12th Grade – Jennifer A., Fivay High School
Grand Prize recipients (choice of a bicycle or Family Plus Membership to Zoo Tampa at Lowry Park) are:
- Bethany B., 1st Grade, The Genesis School
- Saule T., 4th Grade, Longleaf Elementary School
- Kalina H., 7th Grade, Genesis Preparatory School
- Alysia Butler, 10th Grade, River Ridge High School
All students who entered, their family, teachers and faculty are invited to join us for a reception on Sunday, November 4th from 1:00-3:00pm when we will award the recipients with their certificates and prizes. The reception is open to the public. All student’s art will remain on display in Medical Center of Trinity’s Dining Area through Sunday, November 25th.
Thank you again for your support of our Veterans.