To achieve the best possible outcomes for your health, we start with preventive screenings and early detection. Our skilled, certified technologists have years of experience in specialized imaging and radiology services for women.
Medical Center of Trinity: Women's Services Patient Liaison
Our Women's Services Patient Liaison is your guide through your diagnostic screening or biopsy procedure. Our liaison's services include:
- Helping you make appointments
- Calling your referring physician
- Answering your questions about procedures and test results
- Following up with you if further steps are necessary
Our Diagnostic Imaging and Radiology Procedures
Our radiology experts use one or a combination of exams to obtain images with pinpoint accuracy. The more precise the diagnosis, the more effective your treatment plan will be.
Learn more about all of our diagnostic imaging and radiology services.
Mammograms are the gold standard for finding breast cancer in its early stages. Digital mammograms using special X-ray equipment provide images that radiologists can manipulate on a computer. The enhanced images allow doctors to more easily target areas of concern that may require more testing.
Guided Breast Biopsy: Stereotactic, MRI and Ultrasound
Physicians can use several technologies to guide biopsies of breast tissue to check for cancer. These guided biopsies enable the physician to precisely locate and target the cells for biopsy. Each technique uses a different technology to produce images:
- Stereotactic uses special X-ray equipment.
- MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves.
- Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves.
This procedure tests the lymph nodes near the breast to see whether cancer has spread following these steps:
- Your physician injects the breast with radioactive tracer material.
- The material spreads to nearby lymph nodes.
- Your physician uses a gamma scanner to take images of the breast, chest and armpit areas to determine if any lymph nodes have become cancerous.
Learn more about our cancer care.
This technology uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images (sonograms) of organs, tissues or blood vessels. We offer 3-D and 4-D ultrasound for:
- Gynecologic or pelvic ultrasound: Evaluates a woman's reproductive organs for conditions including ovarian or uterine cancer, endometriosis and uterine fibroids
- Obstetric ultrasound: Used during pregnancy to evaluate the health and development of your baby. Learn more about obstetrics at Medical Center of Trinity.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to produce images of the body. Wide-bore MRI has a wider opening for a better patient experience.
MRA: Magnetic Resonance Angiography
This technology produces 3-D images of blood vessels using MRI and special contrast agents. A contrast agent is a substance we inject into your bloodstream before the procedure to highlight any abnormalities in the blood vessels.
These X-ray imaging techniques use electromagnetic radiation to produce images of the body:
- Bone mineral density (BMD): Measures the density of calcium and other minerals in bones to assess your risk for osteoporosis. It's also known as a DEXA scan.
- CT and CTA (computed tomography angiography): Produces cross-sectional images of the body
Our physicians and staff are committed to delivering the highest quality images while minimizing our patients' radiation exposure.
Women's Health and Diagnostic Imaging
Learn more about our services for women's health and diagnostic imaging at Medical Center of Trinity:
- Women's Diagnostic Imaging Procedures
- Women's Health Conditions We Diagnose
- Women's Health: Our Treatment Options
Contact Us About Women's Services
For more information about our hospital, to get a physician referral or to speak with a registered nurse about your health questions, call Consult-A-Nurse® at (727) 834-5630.