Learning that you require surgery can leave you feeling overwhelmed. It's reassuring to know that excellent care is close to home. At Medical Center of Trinity, we take special pride in providing compassionate care for patients in our local community.
Surgery at Medical Center of Trinity: Why Choose Us
Our expert surgical care has helped thousands of patients in Pasco, Hernando, Hillsborough and northern Pinellas Counties since 1971. Patients come to us because we offer:
- Nationally recognized care: We have received accreditation for our outstanding care across many specialties. That means we meet and exceed the highest standards of care.
- Special amenities for surgery patients: Our facility features a dedicated entrance for surgery patients, with a private area where loved ones can join them to prepare for surgery.
- All private rooms: Inpatients stay in private rooms with a restroom and shower, HDTV, room service and plenty of space for family and friends to visit.
- Advanced techniques for surgery: Our experienced surgeons, nurses and surgical staff apply the latest techniques, including minimally invasive surgery, open heart surgery and robotic-assisted surgery.
- Seamless transition to home, rehab or other facilities: We coordinate your recovery plan to transition home or to another facility.
- Local physicians and staff: Our surgeons, nurses and other surgical staff live right in your community. At Medical Center of Trinity, it's like family members treating family.
Reputation for Excellence in Surgery
For the exceptional care we provide in surgery and related services, we have received several certifications and accreditations, including:
- General Surgery: The Joint Commission has accredited our hospital as a top performer in surgical care.
- Cancer Surgery: The American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer has accredited our cancer care as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program.
- Diagnostic Imaging and Radiology: The American College of Radiology has accredited many of our diagnostic imaging and radiology services, including:
- CT scan (computed tomography)
- MRI scan (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Nuclear medicine
- Stroke Care: The Joint Commission certified our stroke program as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
Patients with a wide variety of conditions come to Medical Center of Trinity for our expert surgical services. The types of surgery we perform include:
- Thoracic for lung disease, lung cancer and diseases of the esophagus
- Urologic for bladder and prostate conditions
- Vascular for blood vessel and lymph system conditions
Learn more about our:
- Cancer care
- Diagnostic imaging and radiology
- Women's services
- Emergency care for chest pain and heart attack
- Emergency care for stroke
- Heart and vascular care
- Spine and orthopedics
Medical Center of Trinity: Our Surgical Services
We care for patients from diagnosis through preoperative education to surgery and recovery. Learn more about our spectrum of services:
Meet Our Physicians
Our surgery teams are led by experienced surgeons who have dedicated teams in their specialty, many of whom have worked together for years. Our team approach means that our patients receive care from experienced teams who bring a caring touch to the patient experience. With members in almost every specialty, the team includes:
- Surgeons, many of whom are board certified
- Registered nurses
Contact Us About Surgery
For more information about our hospital, to get a physician referral or to speak with a registered nurse about your health questions, call Consult-A-Nurse at (727) 834-5630 or email MedicalCenterTrinity@hcahealthcare.com.