If you or a loved one requires rehabilitation after an injury or disease, we're here to help. Our highly trained professionals provide the latest therapies to promote recovery and build strength and skills. We offer both inpatient and outpatient services at Medical Center of Trinity.
Physical therapy can help with a wide range of muscle and joint disorders that result from disease or injury or after surgery. Our experienced, skilled licensed physical therapists provide full-service physical therapy, and our certified manual therapists can specifically treat joint disorders. Our therapies for adults and children include:
- Functional electrical stimulation (ESTIM)
- Home exercise programs for strength and balance
- Manual therapy including stretching and exercise
Speech Pathology and VitalStim Therapy
At Medical Center of Trinity, our speech-language pathologists care for people who have swallowing or speech disorders. Our therapies include:
- Articulation therapy
- Augmentative and alternative communication systems, including body language and electronic aids
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy for Parkinson's disease
- Oral-motor exercises to improve feeding and swallowing
- VitalStim therapy
Learn more about VitalStim therapy, a neuromuscular electrical stimulation system that retrains throat muscles to swallow.
Occupational therapy helps people regain their independence in activities of daily living (ADL). Our licensed occupational therapists provide therapies including:
- ADL, home management and vocational training
- Gross and fine motor skill development
- Functional mobility
- Hand therapy
- Splints for arms and hands
Lymphedema is swelling that happens when the lymph system becomes blocked or damaged and fluid (lymph) builds up in the arms and legs. The condition causes loss of movement and function and reduced ability to grip.
Our certified lymphedema therapist focuses on controlling the swelling by moving lymph through the body. Therapies include:
- Compression devices
- Massage therapy
- Pressure garments
Treatment for Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
Our experienced physical therapist has specialized training in pelvic floor therapy. Patients who have pelvic floor dysfunction receive therapy in our private rooms. Treatment options include:
- Bladder and bowel retraining
- Pelvic floor muscle strengthening
- Manual therapy and soft tissue mobilization
- Pelvic floor relaxation/down training
- EMG biofeedback
Medical Center of Trinity: Rehab Support Services
Our licensed physical therapists and speech-language pathologists support patients who are undergoing surgery or have certain conditions, such as communication deficits or lymphedema.
Preoperative Education for Orthopedic Surgery
We want our patients to be as informed as possible before orthopedic surgery. As part of our patient education program:
- We explain to our patients what they can expect before, during and after undergoing joint replacement or spine surgery.
- A licensed physical therapist guides patients on a tour of the nursing unit where they will reside after surgery.
- Patients become familiar with our staff in the Spine and Orthopedics program, including nurses and physical therapists.
Rehab Support Groups
Our support groups help patients gain insight by sharing their experiences with others:
- Chatterboxes is for people suffering from communication deficits as a result of a cerebral vascular accident or other neurological disorders. We encourage caregivers and spouses to attend. Led by our speech-language pathologists, the group meets every other Thursday from 3:00pm - 4:00pm at Medical Center of Trinity.
- The Lymphedema Support Group, led by a licensed physical therapist, meets on the third Thursday of each month from 3:00pm - 4:00pm at Medical Center of Trinity.
Contact Us About Rehab
For more information about our hospital, to get a physician referral or to speak with a registered nurse about your health questions, call Consult-A-Nurse at (727) 834-5630.