If you have a health condition that affects your bones, joints, muscles or tendons, the pain and lack of mobility can interfere with your daily activities. It's important to get high-quality, attentive care before the problem gets worse. Our experienced orthopedic specialists stand ready to help.
Medical Center of Trinity: Orthopedic Surgery
Our skilled physicians, nurses and other medical staff treat a variety of orthopedic conditions with the latest treatment options, including:
Hip Replacement Surgery
Injuries or diseases, such as osteoarthritis, can damage joints. If the damage becomes severe, hip replacement surgery can relieve pain and restore range of motion. Our hip replacement surgery options include:
- Minimally invasive surgery using the anterior approach for hip replacement surgery, which allows many patients to walk the same day of surgery
- Traditional, open hip replacement surgery depending on the patient's overall health
This procedure, an alternative to total hip replacement, replaces only a few millimeters of the joint surface. It preserves more of the bone, and it's often effective for younger, male patients. Learn more about joint resurfacing in our Health Library.
Knee Replacement Surgery
For patients who have severe knee damage, our surgeons offer total or partial knee replacement surgery to help relieve pain and restore mobility. Our options include:
- Partial knee replacement to repair the inside or outside part of the knee or kneecap
- Total knee replacement
- Gender-specific implants
Shoulder Surgery Procedures
Overuse from work or sports activities can cause shoulder problems, as can arthritis. We offer several types of surgery to repair or replace the shoulder joint, including:
- Arthroscopy to repair tendons or ligaments or remove bone or cartilage using minimally invasive surgery
- Rotator cuff repair to reattach a torn tendon using arthroscopic surgery
- Total shoulder replacement
Hand Surgery Procedures
Hands and wrists have very complex and delicate structures, yet they are essential tools for almost every kind of daily activity. Our skilled surgeons help restore functionality, sensation and movement with surgeries including:
- Carpal tunnel release
- Nerve repair and reconstruction
Learn more about our comprehensive services for surgery.
The Joint Commission: Total Hips and Total Knees
Meet Our Orthopedic Specialists
Our experienced orthopedics experts constantly hone their skills in new techniques for treating a wide range of conditions. Our team includes:
- Board-certified orthopedic surgeons
- Certified orthopedic nurses
- Dedicated case manager for post-treatment care plan
- Licensed physical therapist dedicated to orthopedics
Preoperative Education for Orthopedic Surgery
We help patients prepare for joint replacement, orthopedic and spine surgery with this class presented by our lead physical therapist. We cover:
- What patients may expect before, during and after surgery
- What they need to do for the best possible outcome after surgery, including having a "coach" and being committed to physical therapy
Learn more about all of our rehabilitation services.
Contact Us for Spine and Orthopedic Care
For more information about our hospital, to get a physician referral or to speak with a registered nurse about your health questions, call Consult-A-Nurse at (727) 834-5630.