Medical Center of Trinity Elects New Medical Executive Committee
Marketing & Public Relations Contact:
January 11, 2013
New Port Richey, FL – The Medical Staff of the Medical Center of Trinity has elected new officers to its medical executive committee. The physicians take office in January 2013 and are responsible for overseeing all activities of the medical staff and leading medical performance improvement initiatives.
The newly elected medical executive committee offers are:
- Peter Candelora, MD – Chief of Staff
- Daniel Rodriguez, MD – Vice Chief of Staff
- Usha Agarwal, MD – Secretary/Treasurer
- Najam Javeed, MD – Chief, Department of Medicine
- Jennifer Cook, MD – Chief, Department of Surgery
- Linda Badillo, MD – Immediate Past Chief of Staff
“The Medical Executive Committee provides invaluable leadership and medical expertise to ensure the highest quality of care is provided to our patients,” said Medical Center of Trinity CEO Leigh Massengill.
Members of the medical executive committee are elected by their peers to lead the hospital’s medical staff. Among its many responsibilities, the committee makes recommendations regarding healthcare quality and improvement activities, as well as identifying community health needs and implementing programs at the hospital to meet those needs.